Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stripe Braids

Hi everybody,

This hairstyle reminds me of stripes, so no surprise that I called it my "Stripe Hairstyle" :-)

I made small French braids on each side of my head, with the part starting at the top over one eye and going down at a slight angle to behind my ear.  After making the French braids, I parted the remaining center section of hair in two halves, a straight part down the center of my head.  I made a lace braid on each side of this center part, gathering hair from the inside closest to the center part.  The hair that was not added to the braid at all adds a smooth "stripe" effect between a French braid and a lace braid.  Pictures:


Stripe Braids






 







2 comments:

  1. Just amazing. The contrast between the braided texture and the straight and sleek texture add more interest to the hair style. You are hairstyle genius, like I said before :) thank you for sharing. You are gave me a lot of ideas and inspiration to come up with some hairstyles on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love sharing these pictures and ideas with you all. Plus it's fun to learn from other pictures I see on Pinterest or around the internet. The possibilities really are endless when it comes to hairstyles!

      Delete