Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Spiral Rope Braid





Hello everyone,

I watched Lilith Moon's amazing tutorial on this spiral twisted braid and tried it myself.  Well, either my hair is too long or I just don't have the coordination it takes to braid in a spiral pattern around my own head.  So I came up with a faux-version of this hairstyle that I actually really like!  Instead of starting the spiral braid in the center back of my head, I started in the upper left-hand corner and braided around the outer edge, leaving the hair in the middle out of my braid to be added in later.  When I had finally finished adding all my hair, I finished the rope braid and wrapped the length of the braid around my head, between the French-rope braided sections.  I held everything in place with bobby pins, and my hair is still up and in place tonight.














6 comments:

  1. I hope one day I will also have so great updos. For now I have too short hair for my buns to look that big. I need more length and thickness, which will take years... Not that I complain. I just enjoy the journey :) And I love looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilith Moon has short hair and she can do some amazing things! If you don't already, you should check out her videos on Youtube. Thank you so much for following and commenting~ I love hearing from you :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much~ I will definitely do this hairstyle again, I really liked it :-)

      Delete
  3. Yours is more beautiful than Lilith Moon's

    ReplyDelete