Wednesday, May 3, 2017

No-heat curls for super long hair

Hello everyone,

     Yesterday when I watched Haartraum Frisuren's new video, I knew I had to try this technique out for myself.  I don't have foam rollers (yet :-) so I used socks instead.  After washing my hair and combing it out, I rolled my hair in socks using small sections of hair at a time.  Because my hair is so long, I usually had to wrap the length around a doorknob so I could reach the end and start rolling my hair on the sock.  When I reached the top of my head, I would knot the sock once to hold it in place.  All in all, I used 21 socks.  I slept in them, which was not as uncomfortable as it sounds.  In the morning after getting completely ready for the day, I took my hair down.

     The top part of my hair was not completely dry, but that problem would be easily fixed if I were wash my hair in the afternoon or early evening, roll it, and leave the socks or curlers in until the next morning.  Even so, I am completely satisfied with this first attempt at curling my hair.  I love the way it turned out, and the fact that it is a safe, no-heat way to curl my hair.

     After length pictures, I piled my hair into an updo that I wore the rest of the day.  Thank you so much for coming to see my pictures!  I hope you enjoy my blog, thank you for helping me get closer to my goal of one million page-views <3 <3 <3











********
(my hair in socks)


********
(a curly updo)













4 comments: