Tuesday, February 4, 2014

5-Strand French Braid

I did it!  I finally managed to do a five-strand French braid on myself!  It was not as hard as I thought it would be, once I got the over-under-over-under pattern down.  The key to adding hair is: start braiding right-to-left.  Add hair to the outmost right strand, weave it over-under-over, then hold those sections in place with your right hand while you add hair to the outmost left strand. Then with the fingers on your left hand, manage to twist the outmost left strand up and over, so that the original section is "underneath" this outmost left strand and your o-u-o-u pattern is complete.  Then you start all over again from the right side.  Hopefully this explanation makes sense~ now for some pictures :-)




 

 
 


   






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I really like the hairstyles that show the whole length of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hated to wind the braid up and hide all my work :-D

      Delete
  2. How much time you need to finish this braid !?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! This took me about 30 minutes~

      Delete
  3. Awesome beautiful long hair! Love the braid!

    ReplyDelete