Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rope Braids & Flower Chain

Happy Sunday!

     Today I used a new chain hairband that I got at Claire's.  Instead of using it like a regular headband, I put it around my high bun and draped it upside-down behind my bun.  To make this hairstyle, first I made two small lace rope braids.  Then I gathered my hair into a high ponytail and clipped it in place with a small claw clip.  I braided my ponytail into a rope braid which I wrapped up into a high bun.  Next I wrapped the two ends from my lace braids around my bun, pinning them in place with hair clips and bobby pins.  Finally I added my upside-down flower chain headband.

     Thank you for following my blog, and for coming by to view my pictures!
























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would dare to comment and say, that one could use a regular necklace in conjunction to one of these new hair chains! What a thought; endless possibilities for more hair jewelery! :)

    Cassie
    Calico Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I saw Lilith Moon use a regular long beaded necklace folded in half as hair jewelry in one of her videos, and it was so pretty. She has such good ideas, I love all her tutorials! Thank you for following my blog and for all your sweet comments!

      Delete