Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Curly Romantic Hairstyle

Hello friends,

     This morning I tried another hairstyle inspired by @georgiykot, after watching a recent video he posted on Instagram.  I love this hairstyle and definitely want to try it again.  Of course, no two hairstyles are ever exactly the same, at least not on my head, but I might possibly be able to come close to this version again.

     Basically I separated out one half of my hair, then put the first half into a low curly bun.  I folded the loose section of hair up and swooped it over the top of my head, pinned it in place, then braided the length in a three-strand braid.  I fanned out the edges of this braid to make it have the distinct sections that @georgiykot's hairstyles have, then wrapped this braid around my head and finally tucked the ends behind my bun.  Voila!














********

     I could hear this beautiful bird cooing among the trees, and kept looking till I found it. This is a white-fronted ground dove, also known as a Caroline Islands ground dove. (Caroline Islands is an old-time name for Chuuk.) This beautiful black and white dove is native to the Federated States of Micronesia, specifically Chuuk and Pohnpei. There are less than 300 of these lovely birds left in Chuuk, and its conservation status is listed as vulnerable. How special to have one in our own backyard.




1 comment: