Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fancy Braided Bun

Hey everybody,

I tried to do a version of a pretty circle braid updo that I saw on the internet~ it turned out a little lop-sided, but it's hard to braid 360* around one's own head lol

Here are links to the two Lilith Moon videos you can combine to create this hairstyle~ Lilith posted this idea on her Facebook page with a few pictures of her own.  First video on circle lace braid updo~ and the next  video on a circle French braid.

(When I fixed my hair today, I did the center circle French braid first, then the outer lace braid.  I poked the ends of my braids up under the bun, so that's actually all my hair and not a sock.)










For lack of a better name (or the imagination to think one up!), I just called this my fancy braided bun.  If you have a better name for this hairstyle feel free to comment below.  As always, thanks for looking!


Wimsey :-)


6 comments:

  1. This bun is really fancy! it look very sophisticated. I steel didn't understand how did you do this. I remember that i saw something that looks similar at the end, but she put a dounat under the little\last circle of the bun (I mean- a sock bun base). I will be happy for more explanation about the inner part- how did you manage to do the bun base first and then french braid part of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I made a ponytail in the very center of my hair, with a circle part all the way around. Then I made another center part all around the outside, with the hair closest to my face and neck. I saved that hair for later when I would make the wrap-around lace braid. With the hair from my first inside center part and ponytail, I did the circle French braid technique. I started on the top of one side and went all the way down and around until the angle was too awkward and I couldn't add hair and keep the braid neat. I braided all the way down to the end, then wrapped this braid up underneath the circle French braid. My braid wrapped around the base of my ponytail several times. I let the end of the braid hang down the bottom so I could add it into the outer lace braid later. Then I started with the remaining hair from the ponytail and inside center part, and circle-French braided around in the opposite direction. When I was done, I pulled the two sections together so it looked like they were both part of one circle French braid rather than two halves of one whole. When I had finished adding all the hair, I braided down to the bottom and wrapped this braid up and underneath, around the base of the ponytail several times. Then I made the lace braid with the hair closest to my face and wrapped this braid around the outside of my circle French braid bun.
      So many words! I hope it helps create a mental picture of what I did! Thanks so much <3

      Delete
    2. Thank so much for the explanation. You are very creative :) I will try it for sure. And your dog is so cute!

      Delete
    3. You're so welcome! And thank you~ I think Wimsey is cute, too <3

      Delete