Thursday, January 31, 2013

Double Dutch braids with hidden center part~ one of my favorites

This is one of my favorite looks, but it takes a little bit more effort than usual so I don't do it very often.

To make these braids, I first part my hair evenly down the middle. When I make the Dutch braid on the left side of my head, I gather hair from the right side of the part when I'm adding hair to the inside section. I gather hair closest to my face for the outer section, as usual.  The hair that I would normally add to the inner-most section, I flip up and over to save it for making my right braid. Then when I make the Dutch braid on the right side of my head, I add the left-over sections of hair from the left side of my part.  These criss-crossed sections are what hide the center part. I hope this makes sense!

Maybe the pictures will help:

 
 
 
 
I love my butterfly hairclips! I wish the store would go ahead and order more~ maybe soon.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, very pretty and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I came across this on the internet and decided to try it out~ I love hairstyles with double buns :-)

      Delete